English | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | 한국어
  • Home>
  • Search
  • West Area 12-21
West Area 12-21

Sanja no Dai Gaku

Image1 Image2
Historical Materials Historical Materials
Sanja no Dai Gaku
Frame of Engraved "Sanja" Calligraphy
West Area 12-21
Registered date

The Tomuro stone gate was moved to Tokumoto Village at the same time Hachiman Shrine at Kanaya Palace was moved. It is partially broken. "September 1863" is engraved on one of the gate's pillars. The other pillar shows that Tomoko, wife of 13th feudal lord Nariyasu Maeda, donated the gate to the garden at Kanaya Palace.
This frame was displayed at the gate. The name of well-known calligrapher Sanji Ichikawa was engraved on the back of the frame, suggesting that he had written it.