English | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | 한국어
  • Main
  • Search
  • Temple

Search - Temple

( Temple ) 26 found.
  Title
Koanken Temple
Koanken Temple was built in 1350 by Takayasu Togashi, and was dedicated to Sotetsu Meiho, the fourth chief priest of Daijoji Temple. In 1915, during cultivation of the land said to be the burial mount of the founder of Daijoji Temple, Gikai Tettsu, ...
Daijoji Temple Sites
Daijoji Temple was originally built by Iehisa Togashi in Oshinosho as an esoteric Buddhist temple, meant to be headed by the monk Chokai. Later, Iehisa and Chokai invited Gikai Tettsu from Eiheiji Temple to head Daijoji Temple, and in 1293 Daijoji Te...
Joguji Temple Sites
Joguji Temple belongs to the Otani Sect of Shin Buddhism. According to historical records, the Buddhist priest Yuisho built a temple in Oshino around 1360. This is considered to be the origin of Joguji Temple. It has been passed down that when Yuis...
Nonoichi City Furusato History Museum
Contact: Nonoichi City Furusato History Museum TEL: 076-246-0133 Closed: Mondays (Tuesday when Monday is a national holiday), the day after national holidays (excluding Saturdays and Sundays), Year-end and New Year holidays Open Hour: 10:00AM - ...
Shogoin Doko Kahi
Doko, a priest at Shogoin Temple in Kyoto and leader of Yamabushi (Buddhist priests practicing asceticism in the mountains), composed a poem when he passed Nonoichi Village in 1486. This stone monument is inscribed with the poem. Written in the poem...
Sennyo Shonin Shosoku
Sennyo was the 13th chief priest at Higashi Honganji Temple at the beginning of the 17th century. He worked to develop the temple. This document details important points for Buddhist ceremonies for women in Ishikawa County. The Mimo Clan was in char...
Shodaiji Temple
According to historical documents, Shodaiji Temple was established in 1331 by Shukaku, the son of Shakunyo, the 5th chief priest of Honganji Temple. There is also a document stating that Gyojo, the great-grandson of Shukaku, became the chief priest o...
Kenson Shonin Shosoku
The priest Kenson was the second son of Kennyo, the 11th chief priest of Honganji temple. He fought against Nobunaga Oda during the Ishiyama Honganji War between 1570 and 1580. This document is also called "Toraneko no Bunsho" (document re...
Kita Family Residence
Contact: Kita Family Residence TEL: 076-248-1131 Days Closed: None Hours of Operation: 9:00AM - 4:00PM Admission Fees: 400 yen for adults 200 yen for children The Kita Family Branch was founded by a samurai named Takasaki who moved to Nonoichi ...
Gikai Tettsu Final Resting Place
This is the final resting place of Daijoji Temple founder Gikai Tettsu. Measuring 67cm high, 33cm wide, and 24cm thick, this natural stone is inscribed with the words, "Daijoji Temple Founding Priest." Tettsu was born in what is now Fukui C...
Taheiji
The place name, Taheiji, is from the temple that Gen-I Fushaku, a senior disciple of Sotetsu Meiho and the 4th chief priest of Daijoji Temple, established in the area. The road running through the area from north to south is called Taheiji Kaido (Ta...
Former Site of Taheiji Temple
The name, Taheiji, is from Taheiji Temple established in the area by Gen-I Fushaku, a senior disciple of Sotetsu Meiho, the 4th chief priest of Daijoji Temple. Historical materials housed at Yokoji Temple in Hakui City show that Taheiji Temple was e...
Futsukaichi
The name, Futsukaichi (Market on dates with the number 2 in them), came from a market held on the 2nd, 12th, and 22nd of each month around the 14th century. It was located near Yokoe-no-sho, a manor that belonged to Tenryuji Temple in Kyoto, and flou...
Go (Former Shimo-tanaka)
Go Town was formerly named Tanaka Village. The name Tanaka first appeared in a document dated 1622 that was housed at Higashi Honganji Temple. Tanaka Village consisted of two areas, Kami-tanaka and Shimo-tanaka. Makuwauri melons were grown in the Edo...
Rengeji
The area name, Rengeji, came from the Rengeji Temple that once stood in the area. Rengeji Temple was a Tendai Sect temple in the Middle Ages, and it enshrined Kumano Gongen (God of Kumano). Rengeji Village first appeared in a 1646 Shoho Gocho (Shoho ...
Horiuchi
The area name, Horiuchi, appeared in the Tenbun Nikki (Tenbun Diary) written by Shonyo, the 10th chief abbot of the Honganji Temple, in the 16th century. Landholders' residences were often surrounded by moats at that time. Horiuchi means "within...
Toheida
The area name, Toheida, first appeared in Tenbun Nikki, or diary of Shonyo, the 10th chief priest of Shinshu Sect Honganji Temple. The diary explains that Jonen Toheida, an influential leader during the Ikko Ikki (uprising of Ikko Sect followers), li...
Suematsu Burial Mound
Many sites were discovered in Suematsu. The biggest discovery was the former site of Suematsu Temple, a large temple in ancient times. This area is located at a high elevation (35-40m above sea level) in the alluvial fan of the Tedori River. Due to t...
Former Site of Hofukuji Temple
Many sites were discovered in Suematsu. The biggest discovery was the former site of Suematsu Temple, a large temple in ancient times. This area is located at a high elevation (35-40m above sea level) in the alluvial fan of the Tedori River. Due to t...
Former Site of Odachi Yakata
Many sites were discovered in Suematsu. The biggest discovery was the former site of Suematsu Temple, a large temple in ancient times. This area is located at a high elevation (35-40m above sea level) in the alluvial fan of the Tedori River. Due to t...
Former Site of Kogendo Yakata
Many sites were discovered in Suematsu. The biggest discovery was the former site of Suematsu Temple, a large temple in ancient times. This area is located at a high elevation (35-40m above sea level) in the alluvial fan of the Tedori River. Due to t...
Former Site of Suematsu Shinano Yakata
Many sites were discovered in Suematsu. The biggest discovery was the former site of Suematsu Temple, a large temple in ancient times. This area is located at a high elevation (35-40m above sea level) in the alluvial fan of the Tedori River. Due to t...
Suematsu Temple Sites
These sites are from the Suematsu Temple that was built in the late 7th century. It was known from Edo Period (1603-1868). In 1937, an excavation led by local resident Seiko Takamura discovered that this site was an ancient temple. In 1939, it was de...
Wado-kaichin Silver Coin
In 1961, local resident Seiko Takamura found a silver Wado-kaichin coin in an irrigation canal on the west side of the Main Hall at the Suematsu Temple Sites. This historically important artifact led to a full-scale excavation at a later date. Wado-...
Shimoshinjo Tanakada Sites
The Shimoshinjo Tanakada Sites were excavated in 1994. The excavation uncovered three tateana (pit-type) dwellings and four homes with posts dug into the ground. However, the excavated area was the outer edge of the settlement, and the center of the ...
Shimoshinjo Arachi Sites
The Shimoshinjo Tanakada Sites were excavated in 1994. The excavation uncovered three tateana (pit-type) dwellings and four homes with posts dug into the ground. However, the excavated area was the outer edge of the settlement, and the center of the ...