English | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | 한국어
  • Main
  • Search
  • Tomioku

Search - Tomioku

( Tomioku ) 10 found.
  Title
Former Site of Nonoichi Jinjo Koto Shogakko (Elementary School)
In 1872, the new Education Act came into force and schools were built nationwide. In 1873, Nonoichi Village Elementary School was established. At first, the school opened in a home. In the following year, a school facility was built. In 1892, the sch...
Former Nonoichi Area
The name Nonoichi first appeared in the Sannomiya Koki, which was written in 1312 and housed at Shirayama Hime Shrine. Governor (shugo) Togashi used this area as a base to control Kaga Province. The reason is because Nonoichi was located at an import...
Nonoichi Jonkara (Nonoichi Dance)
Nonoichi Jonkara is a bon festival dance handed down in the Hon-machi area from olden times. It was performed on August 14 and 15 in the past. At present, it is performed during the Nonoichi Jonkara Festival that takes place from the end of July to t...
Former Site of Tomioku Elementary School
Tomioku Elementary School opened in 1902. In 1910, a higher elementary school was added. After the Pacific War, it was separated into Tomioku Elementary School and Junior High School in accordance with the Basic Act on Education. Along with the merge...
Mushiokuri in Tomioku Area
The torch procession to drive away crop-eating insects in Tomioku Area is held on a Saturday immediately before July 20 each year. In the evening, 14 town associations in the area depart from the shrine in each town. A person carrying a large paper l...
Tomioku Jonkara
The lyrics of the Tomioku jonkara dance have not changed, but the current dance is an integration of the Awada and Kambayashi styles from around 1935. It expresses the movements of weeding and harvesting rice. In the Jonkara dance performed in Kamba...
Isson Isshin Hi
In the midst of an economic recession due to the Showa financial crisis, the Japanese government designated Tomioku village a "financial rehabilitation village" in 1932. Under the slogan, "Village Residents Pulling Together," Tomi...
Nakabayashi
The area name, Nakabayashi, appeared in historical documents from the 14th century. The Hayashi Clan, ruler of the entire area, led a group of samurai. The clan was brought to ruin, however, for its allegiance to Emperor Gotoba, who had been defeate...
Shishimai (Lion Dance) in Nakabayashi
The lion dance in Nakabayashi is thought to have been choreographed around 1890. The sword-dance section was taught by Seitaro Nishimura, who had a swordsmanship school in the area. Seitaro was born in Nakabayashi in 1869, and opened his school in Ji...
Suematsu
The village name, Suematsu, appeared in the 1646 Shoho Gocho (Shoho Tax Register). There are records in another historical document showing 24 farmers in 1670, and 194 farmers in 1876. Suematsu became a part of Tomioku Village in 1889. At the beginn...